Krystal Arvisais Award Information
Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada (WSWC) has established an annual award in honour and memory of Krystal Arvisais, a beloved international level Canadian water skier who, at age 21, tragically perished in an accident in December 2007. Krystal Arvisais, a native of Val-des-Monts, Quebec, represented Canada at the Pan Am Water Ski Championships and the Can Am Challenge, excelled in Canada and the United States, and was a 12-time medalist at Canadian Water Ski Championships.
She was characterized by the Canadian water ski community as a person who clearly loved the sport, was sociable to all, and successfully combined the pursuit of post secondary studies while maintaining a high level of training.
“Ski hard, smile always!”
Click HERE to learn more about Krystal Arvisais
One skier will be selected on an annual basis who best exemplifies the qualities of Krystal Arvisais in her skiing and regard for the sport.
To be eligible for consideration, an individual must:
• Be a male or female water skier, of any age;
• Be an overall skier, participating in all three events (slalom, tricks, jump);
• In normal circumstances, participate in the Canadian Water Ski Championships of the relevant year;
• Be a student at a post-secondary school
• Be a Canadian citizen.
The award will be bestowed upon the eligible skier who best exemplifies the following qualities:
• Love and passion for the sport of water skiing;
• Sociability and friendliness within the water ski community;
• Ability to laugh and make others smile;
• Good sportsmanship;
• Demonstrates a commitment to training;
• Is a developing skier who demonstrates the ability to water ski at a high level, but who have not yet achieved National Team status;
• Combines training in the pursuit of post-secondary education, or if still in middle or secondary school, with a high academic standing;
Prior to the start of each Canadian Water Ski Championship, the WSWC President shall appoint a panel of three members who will be tasked with selecting the recipient of the Krystal Arvisais Award.
The panel members shall determine any methodology by which to collect information about candidates and, ultimately, to select the recipient consistent with the above criteria. The recipient will be announced at the closing banquet of the annual Canadian Water Ski Championships.