Join the Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada Board of Director – One Position Available.
The Board of Directors of Water Ski & Wakeboard Canada wishes to inform our members that Heather Butts has resigned from her Director position. We want to thank Heather for her hard work and dedication to WSWC over the past several years and wish her the best! A Special General Meeting of the Members will take place to fill the vacancy. In order to meet our obligations to the Canadian Sport Governance Code we will be accepting nominations for female candidates only.
Please review the information below. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMINATIONS AND ELECTION TIMELINE
- December 9th, 2023 – Nominations Open (45 days prior to meeting)
- January 8th, 2024 – Nomination Period Closes (15 days prior to meeting)
- January 9th, 2024 – Nominees Presented by Sport Law to Members (14 days prior to meeting)
- January 23rd, 2024 – Special General Meeting to be held virtually by Sport Law.
Director Eligibility Criteria
- must be a female member in good standing with their provincial sport organization
- must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- must have the capacity under law to contract
- Nominees must be nominated by a member in good standing (Individual or Family Memberships only)
- The questions provided below must be completed in full by both the nominator and nominee, including a resume and jpeg photo of the nominee
It is expected of the nominees that they will:
- Be willing to serve on the WSWC Board of Directors, if elected
- Have read and understood the WSWC Policy Acknowledgement Form, which you will be required to sign if elected
- Have read, understood and agree to the duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Board of Directors Job Description
- Will complete Respect Group Abuse and Harassment training as requested, if elected
The initial term of this seat will be through September 2024, at which time this seat will be up for election at our AGM in September 2024.
How to Nominate
* In order to meet our obligations to the Canadian Sport Governance Code we will be accepting nominations for female candidates only.
- Nominees must be nominated by a current member who holds a family or individual membership with their provincial organization.
- Nominations must be made directly to Sport Law.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
To submit a nomination, please email the following information to Sport Law email@example.com, who are acting as the scrutineers in this election.
- Nominator’s name & email address
- Nominee’s name & email address
- Nominee’s response to:
o Provide information about the nominee’s occupation and education.
o Why do they wish to run for the WSWC Board of Directors?
o What is their vision for WSWC?
o What specific and/or special skills do they have to offer WSWC and its members that would contribute to the effective leadership and governance of WSWC?
o Discuss their relevant sport and volunteer experience
o Discuss their relevant business leadership/ management experience
o Do they have a support structure in place to support your board duties and contributions to the organization?
o Attach the nominee’s resume and photo.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org