Ryan Dodd is thrilled to announce the launch of the Canadian Air Force Award. Ryan has been working hard behind the scenes to create a new water ski award category that will be announced at the 2018 Water Ski Nationals at McClintock’s Water Ski School.
PRIZE LIST AND WINNINGS BREAKDOWN
- 1 Pair of Stealth Gloves
- 1 Schiek Jump Sling
- 1 Icaro Jump Helmet
- 1 Ski or Die Shirt
- 1 Day of Jump Coaching
Over $1,000 in value. The winner will be announced at the Canadian Nationals Banquet at McClintock’s Ski School & Club.
VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Deadline: Monday, August 6th. Friday, August 10th we will collect the date and determine which video has the most likes.
- The video should be: 30-60 seconds
- Content: The video that will exemplify:
- Canadian spirit
- Love for jumping
- Athletes commitment to the sport of jumping
- Creativity and uniqueness
4. Submission Location: Submit to email@example.com
- video attachment
- Google drive
5. Social Media: If you have an Instagram account, please include your Instagram handle/name in the submission email and we will tag you in the caption/comment when it is posted online.
6. The videos will ALL be published online on Tuesday, August 7th on WSWC’s Instagram and Facebook pages. Most “likes” get one of the three votes.
WSWC will download all video submissions to post under WSWC on Facebook or Instagram on Tuesday, August 7th.
The final voting tally will be a weighted sum between the audience, Ryan Dodd, Steve Bush and the video with the most likes (3 total votes)
ABOUT RYAN DODD
Ryan Dodd grew up training on a private ski lake his father built in the cow pasture on their farm. Named Junior Athlete of the Year by Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada in 1999, 2000 and 2001, he went on to be the Male Athlete of the Year in 2002, 2010, 2013,2014, 2016, 2016 and 2017. After winning the world junior jump title in 2000, Dodd joined the national team in 2001. He attended the University of Louisiana at Monroe on a full scholarship where he was captain of the water ski team that won three national titles
- Current Elite ranking: 1st
- Current IWWF ranking: 1st
- World Open Championships: 1st in 2017
- 2017 IWWF Athlete of the Year – Male
- 1st place at the 2017 Nautique Masters whit a distance of 74.1m
- 1st place at the 2017 Vladimir Filin Memorial whit a distance of 75.4m
- 1st place at the 2017 Canadian Open Masters whit a distance of 68.7m
- 1st place at the 2017 Strokes Pro Am whit a distance of 71.9m
- 1st place at the 2017 IWWF World Waterski Championships whit a distance of 68.4m
Along the way, he set a new World Record of 77.4 m at the Space Coast tournament in July
Ryan Dodd had a breakout year in 2017. He won every single Elite Tournament jump event except for an early season 2nd place at Moomba. His wins include the Masters, the Vladimir Filin Memorial, the Ray Stokes Pro Am, the Canadian Open and finally the IWWF World Championships. He also placed 1st in every other tournament entered in 2017. Ryan also acts as the Pan American skier representative on the Athletes Advisory Council to the IWWF Tournament Council as well as being involved in tournament promotion and organization.
Follow Ryan on Instagram