Position: Sport Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, ON
Office Structure: Home Based Office Environment
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Type of Position: Term Employee, 4 days / week, 30 hours / week
The Sport Coordinator is responsible for providing effective administrative support to the Sports of Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada (“Sport(s)” = Adaptive, Barefoot, Show Ski, Wake, Water Ski) in the pursuit of sport development and high performance excellence.
- Provide administrative support to the Sports, to advance their development and high performance objectives (level of administrative support and coordination will vary from sport to sport)
- Coordinate and support the development of high performance planning strategies to ensure success at the highest levels
- Work with Sports to administer and coordinate Athlete Agreements, team selection criteria and policies, athlete services and the Sport Canada Athlete Assistance Program
- Work with Sports to coordinate and monitor the budget for sport development and high performance programs and initiatives
- Work with Sports to coordinate the development of key performance indicators, measure, monitor and report on outcomes of the sport development and high performance plans and programs
- Collaborate with Sports to ensure system integration and shared learnings / best practices
- Help drive a culture of sport development and high performance excellence
- Work with the Sports to support and provide administrative capacity for all domestic and international competitions
- Provide administrative support and coordination to the Sports in the management and implementation of hosting guidelines for national and regional events
- Liaise with national and regional organizing committees for all Sports to ensure event success (Nationals: Adaptive, Barefoot, Wakeboard, Wake Park, Water Ski, Wakesurf) (Regionals: Atlantics, Easterns, Westerns, CanAms) (level of support and involvement will vary depending on Sport / Event)
- Ensure all sport development and high performance programs and success is obtained in a manner which reflects WSWC values, ethics, strategies and policies.
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Travel and on site set up for meetings and events
- Ensure proper adherence to all WSWC policies
- Other duties as may be assigned
As part of the WSWC team and an official representative of WSWC, the Sport Coordinator will at all times conduct duties in a discreet, sensitive, tactful and responsible manner reflecting the values and image of the organization.
- University degree in Sports Sciences, Human Kinetics, Sports Management or related field
- At least two (2) years related experience with a Canadian National Sport Organization
- Must provide secure space for a home office environment with high speed internet
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and passport at all times
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in providing effective administrative support to sport development and high performance plans, programs and budgets
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Google Drive, Gmail and MS Office Suite required
- Excellent organizational and management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently, establish priorities and meet deadlines, develop and execute work plans and work well under pressure
- Experience in working effectively and efficiently, with a team approach, within a virtual office environment, with a wide range of stakeholders and various levels of need
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and take the initiative to address problems in a creative manner that contributes positively to the team effort
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, manage accordingly, being proactive and moving projects quickly as they occur and / or evolve, with the ability to juggle conflicting priorities and problem solve
- Experience with event planning and logistics
- Results-oriented with a high standard of work and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong ability to work as part of a team – both as a contributor and leader – internally and externally – with diverse teams (Including committees and volunteers)
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Behaves in an honest, respectful, trustworthy and fair manner
- Strong business writing, presentation and verbal communication skills in English essential and preferably also in French
The Sport Manager will be:
- Cooperative, team player, collaborative
- Systematic and organized
- Compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Please indicate your salary expectations within your cover letter.
How to Apply
Apply in confidence by sending your cover letter and resume by email.
Deadline for Applications: February 14, 2018
Subject: Sport Coordinator – <INSERT FIRST and LAST NAME>
For more information on Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada, please visit www.wswc.ca
Water Ski and Wakeboard Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. In addition, WSWC is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is supported by funding from Sport Canada.